Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Surprise Photos!


A few days ago I sent a care package to Jing Ju through a website, redthreadchina.com. I enclosed 2 disposable cameras for the orphanage staff to take pictures of Jing Ju, some treats for the staff and children, and a book and a bracelet for Jing Ju. This morning, I received an e-mail from Ann, who personally takes care of these orders. I had no idea that Ann, as part of her service, contacts the orphanage to request recent photos and updated info regarding your child. These 3 photos were sent to me this morning, and as anyone in the adoption community knows, are priceless!

4 comments:

  1. She is a beauty!!! Have a great trip to China. Enjoy it. I have been home for 2 months and can't wait to go back someday.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, she is looking great! What an incredible treasure to get new pictures AND to have pictures of her at younger ages. I can't wait for you to travel. I'll be cheering your on.
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful little girl...she appears to be so happy...I can't wait to meet her!!! So excited for you to be able to get these pictures...I know how much they must mean to you... this is really happening, Lisa!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa!
    Your daughter looks so beautiful, I hope you can cuddle her very soon!
    We adopted our son Jing in July 2008, he is also from the Beihai SWI. We also love HTS ;-). They do such wonderful things for this orphanage!
    Great that we can follow you on your yourney to Jing Ju.
    Best wishes,
    Ethel, The Netherlands
    mom to Blossom, Yi Kong and Jing

    ReplyDelete