Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The hotel’s internet has been down!!!!!!!






03-30-2009, Gotcha Day
I had wanted to write about this most incredible day, but there’s so much to say and I’m so exhausted, so I’ll be brief. Right now Jingju is lying next to me trying hard not to go to sleep. Every time I look over at her she just smiles a kind of impish smile as if to say, “nope, still awake.”

So I’ll just say that so far she seems to be doing beautifully, Saying goodbye to her nanny was tough on Jingju, but she got through it. Hannah, our guide has really been terrific, and helping both Jingju and I to get through these first few days.

03-31-09, Adoption Day
Jingju is just doing amazingly well. She is becoming less shy by the minute. and is settling in to her new surroundings. Sandra! Thanks for the Nihao, Kai-lan DVD. Jingju loves watching it. She also loves taking things in and out of the little pocket book I gave her.

We had our interview appointment earlier today and Jingju is now officially our daughter! I can’t believe this beautiful little girl is really, finally ours.
I’ll let the pictures say the rest.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa!! She is absolutely beautiful!! And you look so happy!! It is a good thing that she is sad to leave; she has good attachment abilities!! Oh, when can we skype??

    Please say Ni Hao to Jing ju for me, from Jing xin's mother!!!
    love & hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing the 2 of you together. I have been anxiously checking the blog, but imagined that you must be very, very busy and tired.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so incredibly happy for you!

    Val F.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ausgezeichnet!

    ll

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hannah was our guide to thru some of the trip! She was very nice.

    ReplyDelete