Monday, April 6, 2009

Blowing Bubbles






This morning Jingju had her medical exam. She got through it very well, and afterwards, she and I went back to the hotel for a nap together, as mommy has a cold and needed to rest. After our nap, I took Jingju for lunch at Lucy's, just the two of us. I had brought my usual "momma bag" full of activities to keep Jingju occupied, but she wasn't interested, and for the first time, engaged with me throughout our whole meal. She spontaneiously counted the pictures on the wall, up to ten (we've been practicing), and played a game with me using the items on the table. Afterwards, we went to the park behind the restaurant, and Jingju blew bubbles. She had been wanting to play with her bubble set, and we kept forgetting to bring it with us so she could play with it outside, and not in the hotel room, as she has wanted to do.

2 comments:

  1. OH Lisa!! YES! This is great!! Perfect activity! Did you buy the bubbles there? I must make a list of things to buy while there before GOTCHA day. Thanks so much for sharing such an incredible journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, that's a kazoo!

    ReplyDelete