Saturday, May 23, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies

Another lovely day with my daughter. Baba has been moved from the hospital to a rehab center for physical therapy and so Jingju and I are still on our own. I can't get over how Jingju's English is improving and how well we're communicating. On our way to visit baba today, I passed a convenience store where the day before I'd picked up a newspaper for him. As I drove by, Jingju said, "Baba's newspaper!" I turned around to go back for a paper and she said, "Jingju remember," while pointing to her head. She doesn't miss a thing. I have to be careful now what I say as it all gets repeated back to me. All day today, Jingu asked me, "mama, you OK?" And her other favorite, "What are you doooooooing?" Tonight we made cookies for a party we're going to tomorrow. They didn't come out very well, but we had lots of fun anyway.


video

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa...I haven't been on your blog in so long...apparently your daughter is having an amazing life...as predicted!!! I read all the English words she knows now, and cannot believe how well she is doing!!! I can't wait to see you all, I miss you all so much....I will talk with you soon... xxxooo, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful; I like how you capture the everyday, it sure goes along way! Hope you have fun at the party tomorrow. Yum, PB Cookies.
    Thanks for sharing,
    ash

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great clip! She's a dream. - Sarah

    ReplyDelete