Saturday, July 4, 2009

Parading





















Jingju started camp this week, which means the end of our concentrated mother-daughter time together. I go back to full-time work on Monday, and Jingju will be at camp through August and start Kindergarten in September. This time together has been so wonderful, and how sad I am to have it end. Jingju on the other hand, is flying high out of the nest. I had planned to be at camp with her for the first few days to help her acclimate, but it was clear after just 30 minutes that she didn’t need her mama there at all. She has a kind of confidence and self-assurance that amazes me. This parade is the conclusion to a week of making musical instruments out of found objects.






1 comment:

  1. Lisa,
    You've done an amazing job helping Jingju adjust to her new world. She looks so great. I hope I can do as well as you have.
    Hats off to you and best wishes for a happy transition back to your job and the adjustment of being a working mommy!
    Love,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete