Saturday, September 5, 2009

1st Day Of Kindergarten

Jingju had her first day of school yesterday. She had been a little apprehensive the week leading up to school starting, but she got up nicely in the morning and put her school uniform on without a fuss. That was a little hurdle as Jingju doesn't like to wear skirts or dresses and she didn't much like the uniform in general. I was allowed to walk with her to her classroom, but parents were quickly dismissed by her teacher. When I last looked at her, Jingju had a bit of a shell shocked look on her face, much like the look I saw when she first walked into the room to meet me on Gotcha Day. When I picked her up, Jingju was a much happier girl. She came running out of the classroom with a big smile and almost knocked me over with a hug. I think she was very relieved to have this day behind her. Later that night, we went to a friend's house for dinner, and Jingju insisted on wearing her uniform!








No comments:

Post a Comment