Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Morning




Jingju had a lovely first Christmas. On Christmas eve we set out a plate of cookies for Santa. Jingju added a Snickers bar (left over from Halloween) and a gift wrapped picture she had colored. I was tracking Santa's whereabouts on my iphone, and when the estimated time of arrival read "Soon, go to bed now!", I had no trouble getting Jingju into bed. It was a wonderful next day, with Jingju's Waipo (maternal grandmother, her uncle, and great aunt visiting. Jingju loved her gifts. I think her favorite, was a guitar. My gift, this year, and every year to come, is Jingju. I will never understand the mystical energies of the universe that brought this incredible child to me. To quote Maria from the Sound of Music, "Somewhere in my youth, or childhood, I must have done something good."

No comments:

Post a Comment